Safety Tips For House Parties
Partying at your own home provides peace of mind that you don’t have to go out of your comfort zone to socialize. But in doing so, you are inviting other people into your comfort zone and it does make you vulnerable. Here are some tips on how to stay safe when throwing parties at home.
If you’re having an intimate party with just a few of your friends, then you should only worry about the safety of your guests.
With a few friends
- Get your electrical cords out of the way. Avoid people tripping from cords (and other items) by putting these in a safe place.
- Don’t overload outlets. Have multiple quality extension cords.
- Make sure drinking water is easily accessible. Same goes for a first aid kit.
- Set up a safe place where people can sleep and pass out. It’s not to encourage them but it’s better to assign a room, just in case. If some of your guests can’t drive home and they can’t arrange a ride, you can have them sleepover in the designated room.
- Additionally, have a secure place for guests with valuable belongings like car keys and wallets.
- Secure and shut off your stovetops tight. A drunk person could try to cook and suddenly cause a fire.
- If you’re going to be grilling, if possible, do this outdoors.
With many guests
But if you’re hosting quite a large number of people, with mere acquaintances attending, it’s best to keep yourself, and everyone else, safe.
Since you own the house where the party is held, set some ground rules and make sure party attendees are aware of them. Keep yourself safe by assigning some friends to help you keep the peace.
- Ask friends to help identify party crashers. These people might not just be there for the food and booze. You don’t want to risk them taking your valuable stuff.
- If it’s going to be a huge party, it’s better to have a single entrance so you can see who and what goes in and out.
- Try to stay sober. No matter how fun the party is, staying sober means you could check on your friends as well as make sure everything is under control.
- Secure Children and pets in a safe place so they don’t accidentally ingest dangerous food or liquid.
Turn up the fun meter at your house party by getting a bounce house or inflatable rental, if you have room for it on your front or back yard. Call Signature Event Rentals to inquire and reserve.