Tips to Host A Fabulous New Year’s Eve Party
There’s a lot of pressure when it comes to New Year eve parties, especially when you’re the designated host. Whether you’re celebrating with friends or family, you want them all to have fun. But how do you do this without breaking the bank?
Don’t worry, you only have to consider these 3F (food, fun, furnishing) tips to help you throw a low-cost New Year’s bash without looking like you skimped on your budget.
As the most important aspect, you have to be prepared and most of your budget must go to this category. If you need help, don’t hesitate to ask your guests to bring either appetizers or dessert.
- Since New Year parties and and anything bubbly go hand-in-hand, just prepare multiple pitchers of champagne cocktail drinks so it’s easier to serve later on.
- You can also make your own champagne sangria or cider punch.
- Aside from chips, you can eat your salsa with grilled fish as well as baked potatoes. If you want to upgrade a little bit, why not try dipping mozzarella sticks?
- Instead of serving cake, try serving donuts or tarts. If you’re feeling a little bit experimental, go make a tiramisu bowl.
Another significant part of a New Year’s Eve party is how much fun it is. And to make that happen, you have to prepare activities so you can party literally all night.
- Ask guests to bring unusual noise makers and maybe even make it into a contest of who can bring the most unusual one — or the noisiest one!
- Prepare games that are perfect for adults. Try matching them to the occasion as well, like creating a twist to the usual 2 truths and a lie — two resolutions and a lie. You can also try organizing a mini Minute-To-Win-It series of activities, just for the fun of it.
- Another great alternative is to download free party games on your phone, like Heads Up or Psych!
This part is where you can make the most compromise. You don’t have to spend much here if you don’t want to but that doesn’t mean you can’t decorate even a little.
- Aside from making handmade crafts and hanging DIY paper snowflakes, you can also reuse your metallic and glittery Christmas ornaments by turning them into table centerpieces. Just place them in bowls or clear containers, and let them work their magic.
- Another option is to bring out your fairy lights and all the candles you own.
- Not into decorations? Of course, you may also opt to not have any decorations. Just make sure to create a great music playlist, and the missing decors will soon be forgotten.
If you’re having your big New Year’s eve party in or near Fredericksburg, don’t forget to call Signature Event Rentals for your party rental needs. We’ll be glad to help.